Newsletter October, 2020
- FOPAO focused on support companies, diversification, employment support, health and safety of workers beyond Covid-19.
Newsletter September, 2020
- The study showed how the weakness of social partners and lack of representativeness can hinder effective social dialogue;
- Legislative reforms and a supportive role of the state are key to improve social dialogue processes.
- Employers stressed on the need to ensure autonomy of the social partners and sufficient room for manoeuvre.
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, addressed the business community during the IOE Centenary Summit.
- The meeting focused on the role of social partners within the multilateral system, the importance of social dialogue and the private sector led economic growth recovery from the pandemic
- In August 2020, Indonesian social partners from the garment and footwear industries signed a joint commitment “to protect health, business sustainability and welfare of workers in these sectors”.
- On 2 September 2020, IOE members formally adopted the IOE Centenary Manifesto.
- The document details IOE core values inspired by its establishment a centenary ago and will continue to guide its work in the next centenary.
- It elaborates on how governments and businesses can work together to meet emerging and future transformations in the world of work.
Newsletter August, 2020
- The OECD Employment Protection Legislation is a publication to be commended.
- Chapter 3 elaborates on how job protection matters for labour market and economic outcomes with a recently updated methodology and indicators.
- One key outcome: open-ended contracts have loosened, while fixed term contracts have been evenly loosened and restricted across OECD member countries.
- Chapter 3 outcomes are key for employers’ organisations and companies when advocating for policies in support of innovation, agility of the labour market, and productivity.
- The joint statement focused on topics such as freedom of association and collective bargaining, social dialogue, occupational health and safety, social responsible practices and the stability of payments.
- The World Employment Confederation (WEC) released its annual Social Impact Report on 6 August 2020.
- Different important social protection coverage according to the form of work are reported.