public employment services
Newsletter April, 2021
- WEC published a report on partnerships between public and private employment services
- The report shows that much collaboration is present in countries with a mature and professional private employment industry
- The key opportunities identified to level up these partnerships are increased functioning of labour markets and increased access to talent for employers
- The urgency of these collaborations is underscored by the increased need to support people in making more labour market transition over the course of their lives.
Newsletter March, 2021
- Following an OECD report from January 2021, private employment agencies’ managers and employment experts recall the importance of career guidance.
- Career guidance must gain visibility but also be improved through subsidies and more effective services.
Newsletter July, 2020
- Jobseekers in the Italian Region Veneto are supported with an allowance of a maximum amount of EUR 5.796
- So far the measure has supported 52,775 unemployed persons
- It is a form of successful collaboration between public and private employment services
Newsletter May, 2020
- Well-developed social dialogue and partnership in Austria achieved significant outcomes during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Starting in March 2020, the existing short-time working scheme has been adapted and extended to the needs of employers and workers in the Covid-19 crisis.
- The Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) finalised a partnership with the State of Queensland (Australia) to connect professional recruitment and staffing agencies with job seekers during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Jobs Finder Programme rewards employment agencies that manage to place job seekers into high priority areas.
- WEC-Europe and Uni-Europe published joint recommendations for the temporary agency work industry to mitigate the impact of the crisis and prepare for the recovery.
- This joint effort is addressed to employment agencies and their user undertakings, as well as governments and policymakers.