Newsletter January, 2021
- The 2000 agrarian law was derogated by the Peruvian parliament without consulting or taking into account the views of the social partners
- The reform generated violent protests throughout the country
- The new law imposes a higher minimum living wage and requires the employers to pay a special bonus, equal to 30% the minimum living wage
- Bipartite discussions continue, prior to the adoption of the specific regulations to be annexed to the law.
Newsletter September, 2020
- Two years after a platform company signed a collective agreement with a trade union, the Danish Competition and Consumer Authority considered it does not align with the EU competition law
- The authority required the company to partially modify their business model to fully comply with the EU law
Newsletter May, 2020
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, addressed the business community during the IOE Centenary Summit.
- The meeting focused on the role of social partners within the multilateral system, the importance of social dialogue and the private sector led economic growth recovery from the pandemic
- European social partners present their common goals to the European Union Institutions.
- Social partners indicated the measures to be taken during the emergency, exit and recovery phases of the crisis.