Newsletter October, 2020
- FOPAO focused on support companies, diversification, employment support, health and safety of workers beyond Covid-19.
- The study showed how the weakness of social partners and lack of representativeness can hinder effective social dialogue;
- Legislative reforms and a supportive role of the state are key to improve social dialogue processes.
- Employers stressed on the need to ensure autonomy of the social partners and sufficient room for manoeuvre.
Newsletter August, 2020
- GDPR covers all data protection, including employment data and customer data.
- Companies should carefully control the respect for the Regulation to avoid heavy penalties.
Newsletter May, 2020
- In July 2020, the amended Labour Hire Licensing Act entered into force in South Australia.
- The amendments narrow the licensing needs for staffing (labour hire) companies to specific sectors and businesses.
- The Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) finalised a partnership with the State of Queensland (Australia) to connect professional recruitment and staffing agencies with job seekers during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Jobs Finder Programme rewards employment agencies that manage to place job seekers into high priority areas.
- European social partners present their common goals to the European Union Institutions.
- Social partners indicated the measures to be taken during the emergency, exit and recovery phases of the crisis.
- WEC-Europe and Uni-Europe published joint recommendations for the temporary agency work industry to mitigate the impact of the crisis and prepare for the recovery.
- This joint effort is addressed to employment agencies and their user undertakings, as well as governments and policymakers.