Newsletter December, 2020
- The Helsinki Labour Court settled the case between a company and the union in the electricity sector, for violation of the collective agreement in force and the duty of peace.
- After 11 years of difficult relationships, the company signed a collective agreement with the pilot trade union Acdac.
- A few days later the company reached another agreement with the cabin crew trade union, Acav.
- On 26 November 2020, French social partners concluded a national interprofessional agreement on telework, that provides a framework clarifying the rules and modalities of remote working.
- The text encourages social dialogue at the company and sectoral levels.
Newsletter November, 2020
- The text contains important updates and simplification measures compared to the previous collective agreement, on categories, qualifications, organisation of work, and salaries.
- On telework, the Code establishes the rights and obligation of employers and employees.
- The amendments defined the criteria of representativeness to sit in the Economic and Social Council of the Slovak Republic.
- The possibility to renew fixed-term contracts has been extended to three years.
- Work councils and committees for prevention of psychosocial risks and protection of work are in the process of being elected in Belgium.
- The elections concern more than 6,000 companies.
- Two tripartite Committees designed measures to sustain enterprises, employment and economic resilience.
- Ghana’s Employers’ Association was at the forefront of these negotiations and successfully presented multiple proposals to support business and as a result employees.
- The survey analysed and compared different types of collective bargaining process.
- “Two-thirds of workers are estimated to have their wages set via a collective wage agreement”.
- Bargaining coverage is higher in countries with sectoral collective agreement extended to non-signatory companies and workers.