labour market matching
Newsletter September, 2020 Newsletter August, 2020
- The Italian government extended the ability for employers to use fixed-term contracts.
- The change increased the ability to renew fixed-term contracts and increased the maximum duration of working on a fixed term contract.
- The changes applies to fixed-term contracts concluded by employers and employment agencies alike.
Newsletter July, 2020
- In July 2020, the amended Labour Hire Licensing Act entered into force in South Australia.
- The amendments narrow the licensing needs for staffing (labour hire) companies to specific sectors and businesses.
- Social partners put in place a system supporting the employability of agency workers
- Vouchers can be used for training on the job, or on-boarding at a client or at a regular employer.
- So far 595 agency workers used the voucher to upscale their workers and fill vacancies of sectors in higher need.
Newsletter May, 2020
- The Relaunch Decree ease the condition for use of fixed-term contracts,either through private employment agencies or directly with the employer;
- These contracts offer good guarantees and safeguards compared to other forms of work, ranging from bogus self-employment to illegal work.
- The Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) finalised a partnership with the State of Queensland (Australia) to connect professional recruitment and staffing agencies with job seekers during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Jobs Finder Programme rewards employment agencies that manage to place job seekers into high priority areas.
- WEC-Europe and Uni-Europe published joint recommendations for the temporary agency work industry to mitigate the impact of the crisis and prepare for the recovery.
- This joint effort is addressed to employment agencies and their user undertakings, as well as governments and policymakers.