Newsletter November, 2020 Newsletter July, 2020
- The Adecco Group released the paper “Employability, not only employment. VET, apprenticeships and the urgent need to bridge the skills gap in a post-Covid world”
- Vocational education training (VET) and apprenticeships are the suggested tools to close this gap.
- Once the obstacles for their best use are defined, a coordinated approach is suggested.
- On 4th May 2020, the Sri Lankan social partners and the Ministry of Skills Development, Employment and Labour Relations reached a tripartite agreement for “Pro-rate Wages Based on Varied Levels of Deployment”.
- This agreement paves the way to further discuss and solidify schemes such as ‘job sharing’.