Newsletter January, 2021 Newsletter December, 2020
- On 1st December 2020, Italy took over the G20 Presidency
- This highly challenging period will require a lot of efforts from all G20 members to deliver an inclusive and resilient recovery
- The IOE, together with 13 international business and labour organisations, have signed a joint letter to G20 governments calling to ensure that “building back better” is not just a mantra but materialises into concrete positive outcomes
Newsletter September, 2020
- The Centennial of the IOE was celebrated through several virtual centenary-related events, culminated with the General Council of the 24 November 2020.
- Throughout the discussion participants reflected on the past, present and future of IOE.
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, addressed the business community during the IOE Centenary Summit.
- The meeting focused on the role of social partners within the multilateral system, the importance of social dialogue and the private sector led economic growth recovery from the pandemic
Newsletter August, 2020
- On 2 September 2020, IOE members formally adopted the IOE Centenary Manifesto.
- The document details IOE core values inspired by its establishment a centenary ago and will continue to guide its work in the next centenary.
- It elaborates on how governments and businesses can work together to meet emerging and future transformations in the world of work.
Newsletter July, 2020
- IOE members will virtually gather on 2 September 2020
- The meeting will focus on business input to a reset of multilateral relations
- Employers’ representatives presented 10 key messages articulating the private sector needs and perspectives for a fast, sustainable and inclusive recovery.
- Private sector led economic growth, a conducive environment for businesses development and resilience; tackling informality with innovative approaches; investment in skills and the role of the private sector within the multilateral system were highlighted as particularly relevant.
- Workers’ representatives expressed their 4 priorities, mainly focusing on extended health and safety and social protection.
- Governments stressed on the value of the Centenary Declaration as the framework for the recovery.