Newsletter April, 2021
- Recent research shows how post pandemic organisation of work may respond to employees preferred working arrangements and how this affects productivity
- The hybrid model of both remote and office work emerged as the desired work arrangement
- Only certain occupations and tasks are able to be conducted in this way. Important differences among countries are showcased.
Newsletter March, 2021
- The law and its implementing Regulation were strongly criticised by Argentinian social partners, mainly for the poor quality of prior consultation, that failed to take into account the input of the social partners, specially the comments introduced by the private sector.
- The main issues concern the difficulty of implementation of the clauses of reversibility, right to disconnect, employees with special care responsibilities and contracts for non-residents.
- State Duma of Russian Federation adopted amendments to the Labour Code in December 2020
- The new legislation contains rules on employers’ and employees’ obligations in case of telework, as well as new regulation on the use of the electronic signature
Newsletter February, 2021
- In January 2021 Belgian social partners signed a framework agreement on methods of work, working conditions and occupational health and safety for employees working from remote
- The agreement leaves room to further agreements at the company level or specific individual agreement
- On 15 January 2021, the Irish Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment published its National Remote Work Strategy, called ‘Making Remote Work’.
- The strategy aims at ensuring that “remote working is a permanent feature in the Irish workplace in a way that maximises economic, social and environmental benefits”.
Newsletter January, 2021
- Based on four drivers (informality, private sector growth, creating opportunities and digital transformation), the report puts forward a series of policy recommendations for sustained job recovery
- On 9 December 2020, the Mexican Senate approved a reform to the Federal Labour Law to regulate telework.
- The law establishes the voluntary nature of this form of work and the need to define it in writing
- The tripartite dialogue concluded with 23 consensual agreements on various matters
- It triggered the discussion and finalisation of the implementing regulation on telework