Newsletter September, 2020 Newsletter August, 2020
- In August 2020, Indonesian social partners from the garment and footwear industries signed a joint commitment “to protect health, business sustainability and welfare of workers in these sectors”.
Newsletter July, 2020
- The joint statement focused on topics such as freedom of association and collective bargaining, social dialogue, occupational health and safety, social responsible practices and the stability of payments.
Newsletter May, 2020
- An International Working Group met regularly to implement the Call
- 8 Priority countries were identified
- A first contact was taken with financial Institutions and donors
- BEF published a study on possible scenarios, impact of COVID-19 and the consequences on the Bangladeshi labour market and economy.
- BEF also produced an “Aide-Mémoire” to serve as a checklist for employers, managers, supervisors and workers when the factories reopen post COVID-19.
- On the basis of the study and the consequences on the Bangladeshi labour market and economy, BEF advocated for realistic assessment in support of enterprises and business to allow them to create jobs.
- Employers, workers and major brands joined a call for action to support the garment industry.
- An international working group was established in the upcoming weeks.