Newsletter November, 2020
- On 5 October 2020, the Indonesian Parliament adopted the “Omnibus Bill on Job Creation” to favour investments and positively impact employment in the country.
- The labour law component of the Bill introduces important changes for employers on minimum wages, outsourcing and temporary contracts, severance payment, unemployment and other matters.
- The reform aims at limiting outsourcing only to the provision of specialized services that are not part of the beneficiary’s main economic activity.
- National social partners met President Lopez Obrador, who expressed the government’s openness to dialogue.
- IOE and WEC underlined their concern and offered support to draft a future-proof labour market regulation.