private employment services
Newsletter September, 2020
- The Italian government extended the ability for employers to use fixed-term contracts.
- The change increased the ability to renew fixed-term contracts and increased the maximum duration of working on a fixed term contract.
- The changes applies to fixed-term contracts concluded by employers and employment agencies alike.
Newsletter August, 2020
- The OECD Employment Protection Legislation is a publication to be commended.
- Chapter 3 elaborates on how job protection matters for labour market and economic outcomes with a recently updated methodology and indicators.
- One key outcome: open-ended contracts have loosened, while fixed term contracts have been evenly loosened and restricted across OECD member countries.
- Chapter 3 outcomes are key for employers’ organisations and companies when advocating for policies in support of innovation, agility of the labour market, and productivity.
- The World Employment Confederation (WEC) released its annual Social Impact Report on 6 August 2020.
- Different important social protection coverage according to the form of work are reported.
Newsletter July, 2020
- In July 2020, the amended Labour Hire Licensing Act entered into force in South Australia.
- The amendments narrow the licensing needs for staffing (labour hire) companies to specific sectors and businesses.
Newsletter July, 2020
- The OECD Employment Outlook 2020 focuses on Worker security and Covid-19 crisis.
- Chapter 1 provides valuable insights and data on the impact of Covid-19 on the labour market and the policy responses in OECD countries.
- The following chapters furnish information on the access to unemployment benefits, a comparative review of employment protection legislation (EPL) across OECD countries, the situation of middle-skilled workers, and the consequences of the pandemic on vocational education and training graduates.
- WEC presented its three areas of priorities to recovery, namely developing the conditions for going back to work, facilitating activation and transition of agency workers, and allowing the access to social protection.
- Social partners put in place a system supporting the employability of agency workers
- Vouchers can be used for training on the job, or on-boarding at a client or at a regular employer.
- So far 595 agency workers used the voucher to upscale their workers and fill vacancies of sectors in higher need.