Newsletter April, 2021 Newsletter March, 2021
- Social partners recently confirmed the joint recommendations signed in December 2019 on collective dismissals and agreed to assess their content again within three years
- The Government communicated its desire to evaluate an improvement of the entire system, thus overriding the social dialogue outcome.
Newsletter November, 2020
- In January 2021 Belgian social partners signed a framework agreement on methods of work, working conditions and occupational health and safety for employees working from remote
- The agreement leaves room to further agreements at the company level or specific individual agreement
Newsletter September, 2020
- Work councils and committees for prevention of psychosocial risks and protection of work are in the process of being elected in Belgium.
- The elections concern more than 6,000 companies.
Newsletter July, 2020
- European regulation on the 25% limit of telework in the country of residence for cross-border workers was suspended by agreements among neighbouring European countries
- Belgian legislation established recognition of Covid-19 as an occupational disease in various sectors, but for a limited period of time;
- After consultation, social partners agreed to this new legislation