Newsletter May, 2020
- Specific laws were enacted in France, New Zealand, Ontario (Canada) and South Africa containing a list of essential services that could continue operating during the pandemic.
- Employment services were considered essential in France, New Zealand and Ontario.
- Employers’ organisations were included in the list in New Zealand.
- South African social partners gathered with the government and civil society to present proposals during the crisis.
- A temporary Employer/Employee Relief Scheme was developed.
- South African social dialogue institution National Economic Development Council (NEDLAC) was called to provide proposals and solutions on the means to mitigate unemployment and assist employees suspended from work.