freedom of association
Newsletter December, 2020 Newsletter November, 2020
- After 11 years of difficult relationships, the company signed a collective agreement with the pilot trade union Acdac.
- A few days later the company reached another agreement with the cabin crew trade union, Acav.
Newsletter October, 2020
- The survey analysed and compared different types of collective bargaining process.
- “Two-thirds of workers are estimated to have their wages set via a collective wage agreement”.
- Bargaining coverage is higher in countries with sectoral collective agreement extended to non-signatory companies and workers.
Newsletter September, 2020
- The study showed how the weakness of social partners and lack of representativeness can hinder effective social dialogue;
- Legislative reforms and a supportive role of the state are key to improve social dialogue processes.
- Employers stressed on the need to ensure autonomy of the social partners and sufficient room for manoeuvre.
- The new trade agreement between Canada, Mexico and the USA could limit Mexican companies to export to the US or Canada because of labour disputes.
- The Employer’s federation CCE, provided tools for Mexican business to prevent this from happening.
- In August 2020, Indonesian social partners from the garment and footwear industries signed a joint commitment “to protect health, business sustainability and welfare of workers in these sectors”.
Newsletter August, 2020
- On 2 September 2020, IOE members formally adopted the IOE Centenary Manifesto.
- The document details IOE core values inspired by its establishment a centenary ago and will continue to guide its work in the next centenary.
- It elaborates on how governments and businesses can work together to meet emerging and future transformations in the world of work.
- The joint statement focused on topics such as freedom of association and collective bargaining, social dialogue, occupational health and safety, social responsible practices and the stability of payments.