Newsletter February, 2021
- The Costa Rican Union of Chambers and Associations of the Private Business Sector (UCCAEP) promotes the economic recovery
- UCCAEP advocates for the approval of the loan from the IMF, to be accompanied by measures that allow for economic recovery, support for the private sector, job creation and a reduction of informality levels
Newsletter November, 2020
- The International Labour Organisation, Bureau for Employers’ Activities (ACT/EMP) recently released a publication on the role played by the employers and business membership organizations (EBMOs) in the Covid-19 pandemic where EBMOs have demonstrated agility, resilience and the ability to innovate.
- It also focuses on the way ahead and the services EBMOs will have to reinforce and ideas for concrete actions.
Newsletter July, 2020
- Two tripartite Committees designed measures to sustain enterprises, employment and economic resilience.
- Ghana’s Employers’ Association was at the forefront of these negotiations and successfully presented multiple proposals to support business and as a result employees.
- Detailed information is available online on economic sustainability and income support measures.
- Venezuelan social partners presented a landmark declaration.
- They called for the adoption of urgent measures to restore decent living conditions, decent work, and stimulate the economy.
- Through virtual meetings, social partners will present concrete actions deriving from the Manifesto.