Newsletter November, 2020 Newsletter August, 2020
- This case requires employment contracts and/or bonus plans to be extremely clear when it comes to employees’ participation in bonus plans.
- This has important repercussions for employers and requires an in-depth analysis on employment contracts.
Newsletter July, 2020
- Employers of temporary foreign workers in Canada are required to comply with the Quarantine Act and respect the mandatory 14-day quarantine period upon entry in Canada
- The quarantine period must be paid to employees. However, the government announced a financial support to employers up to CAD $1,500 per temporary foreign worker to cover employee pay during the mandatory quarantine period and other associated costs
- The government enhanced labour inspection for employers in agriculture
Newsletter May, 2020
- Termination of employment clauses in Ontario must be read as a whole and be overall in line with employment regulation, even if they are contained in separate provisions.
- Specific laws were enacted in France, New Zealand, Ontario (Canada) and South Africa containing a list of essential services that could continue operating during the pandemic.
- Employment services were considered essential in France, New Zealand and Ontario.
- Employers’ organisations were included in the list in New Zealand.