Newsletter July, 2020
- An International Working Group met regularly to implement the Call
- 8 Priority countries were identified
- A first contact was taken with financial Institutions and donors
- Detailed information is available online on economic sustainability and income support measures.
Newsletter May, 2020
- The Minimum Vital Income is ensured to all low-income individuals or families, for as long as their income conditions do not improve.
- It is not linked to other subsidies or active search of employment.
- BEF published a study on possible scenarios, impact of COVID-19 and the consequences on the Bangladeshi labour market and economy.
- BEF also produced an “Aide-Mémoire” to serve as a checklist for employers, managers, supervisors and workers when the factories reopen post COVID-19.
- On the basis of the study and the consequences on the Bangladeshi labour market and economy, BEF advocated for realistic assessment in support of enterprises and business to allow them to create jobs.
- Self-employed workers affected by the crisis entitled to an allowance.
- Employers, workers and major brands joined a call for action to support the garment industry.
- An international working group was established in the upcoming weeks.
- European social partners present their common goals to the European Union Institutions.
- Social partners indicated the measures to be taken during the emergency, exit and recovery phases of the crisis.