Newsletter January, 2021 Newsletter October, 2020
- The German Federal Labour Court (No. 9 AZR 102/201, 1 December 2020) re-classified the crowdworker as an employee
- It determined also that for remuneration purposes, the company shall not be bound by pre-established fees that the worker received as a self-employed worker.
Newsletter September, 2020
- GDPR covers all data protection, including employment data and customer data.
- Companies should carefully control the respect for the Regulation to avoid heavy penalties.
Newsletter August, 2020
- A draft legislation is under discussion to support investments in training during the operation of the short time work scheme.
Newsletter May, 2020
- On 24 April 2020, the Labour Court of Wesel, a city of the North Rhine-Westphalia, issued a decision on the use of specific devices to permanently monitor the behaviour of employees to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- A new collective agreement sought to mitigate the impact from Covid-19 outbreak for businesses and workers in the metal and electrical industry until the end of 2020.
- Key elements of the agreement were the suspension of wage increases and the facilitation of short-term working schemes.