Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
Newsletter March, 2021 Newsletter February, 2021
- The Federation of Egyptian Industries (FEI) periodically updates the state of play of national reforms and the related business’ recommendations
- The plan considers topics such as labour law, social security law, trade union law, SMEs easiness of doing business, among others
- FEI advocacy plan has been successful in a series of reforms, especially on trade and investments
Newsletter November, 2020
- The Federation of Egyptian Industries (FEI) launched new services for improving digital skills of SMEs
- It also started offering support to companies willing to participate in the rehabilitation of Egyptian villages
Newsletter September, 2020
- Regulation No. 035/2018 (Norma Oficial Mexicana NOM-035-STPS-2018) on psychosocial risk factors at work was adopted in 2018, but it entered into force on a two-step phase and became fully applicable on 23 October 2020.
Newsletter July, 2020
- Croatia introduced a shortened workweek to support companies in their recovery phase
- Social dialogue was at the foundation of this initiative
- Business with over 10 employees significantly impacted by the Covid-19 crisis can receive financial support to compensate labour costs
- The company participates in the digitalisation of SMEs and provide some advanced payment to its small and medium size suppliers
Newsletter May, 2020
- Mastercard commits USD 250 million for financial, technology, product and insight assets support in US and other countries.
- Additional USD 33 million will be given to reboot Indian SMEs, especially on business digitalisation and access to finance.
- Governments of Argentina, Italy and Spain enacted a law to ban dismissals to avoid lay off procedures.
- Employers’ organisations in those countries strongly reacted against this measure.
- IOE offered a new range of services to its members.
- IOE called for the creation of a UN-led response fund.