Newsletter January, 2021 Newsletter November, 2020
- On 9 December 2020, the Mexican Senate approved a reform to the Federal Labour Law to regulate telework.
- The law establishes the voluntary nature of this form of work and the need to define it in writing
- The reform aims at limiting outsourcing only to the provision of specialized services that are not part of the beneficiary’s main economic activity.
- National social partners met President Lopez Obrador, who expressed the government’s openness to dialogue.
- IOE and WEC underlined their concern and offered support to draft a future-proof labour market regulation.
Newsletter September, 2020
- Regulation No. 035/2018 (Norma Oficial Mexicana NOM-035-STPS-2018) on psychosocial risk factors at work was adopted in 2018, but it entered into force on a two-step phase and became fully applicable on 23 October 2020.
- The new trade agreement between Canada, Mexico and the USA could limit Mexican companies to export to the US or Canada because of labour disputes.
- The Employer’s federation CCE, provided tools for Mexican business to prevent this from happening.