Newsletter January, 2021 Newsletter October, 2020
- On 9 December 2020, the Mexican Senate approved a reform to the Federal Labour Law to regulate telework.
- The law establishes the voluntary nature of this form of work and the need to define it in writing
Newsletter May, 2020
- The legislation on remote working was finalised and adopted by Royal Decree-Law 28/2020 on 22 September 2020.
- While at the outset the Government did not involve the social partners in the development of the draft text, trade unions and employers’ organisations were finally able to negotiate and agree on the main elements of the law.
- Chile passed a law on telework that allows for flexibility in the way work is organised, but it needs to be formalised into an agreement.
- The law is among the measures to limit the Covid-19 pandemic.