Newsletter September, 2020
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, addressed the business community during the IOE Centenary Summit.
- The meeting focused on the role of social partners within the multilateral system, the importance of social dialogue and the private sector led economic growth recovery from the pandemic
- The regulatory change abolishes the Kafala system and introduced a minimum wage that covers all workers including migrants
- These reforms are in line with the Qatar National Vision 2030, a governmental programme aimed at modernising the country’s labour market.
Newsletter August, 2020
- On 2 September 2020, IOE members formally adopted the IOE Centenary Manifesto.
- The document details IOE core values inspired by its establishment a centenary ago and will continue to guide its work in the next centenary.
- It elaborates on how governments and businesses can work together to meet emerging and future transformations in the world of work.
- A Committee, composed of governmental members and representatives of the business sectors, met nine times to monitor the economic situation and present concrete solutions.
Newsletter July, 2020
- 4,021 companies replied to NECA’s survey on the direct and indirect impact of the pandemic on their operation;
- A series of request was compiled and was presented to the Government.
- European social partners demonstrated how to provide practical solutions to deal with the challenges related to the digital transformation in the world of work and to optimise the benefits for enterprises and workers.
- They presented a dynamic circular process as well as solutions for different issues linked to digitalisation.