Newsletter December, 2020 Newsletter November, 2020
- On 27 September 2020, the citizens of the Geneva Canton agreed to modify the Law on Inspection and Labour Relations, by the institution of a mandatory minimum hourly wage.
- This means that the monthly minimum wage will amount to CHF4210 gross per employee (42 hours weekly).
Newsletter September, 2020
- Social partners of the staffing sector agreed to renew the collective agreement on outsourcing of services (“Location de services”) valid for the entire country and signed the first time in 2012.
- The collective agreement defines working conditions and remuneration steps, as well as training possibilities and social security conditions.
- European regulation on the 25% limit of telework in the country of residence for cross-border workers was suspended by agreements among neighbouring European countries
Newsletter July, 2020
- As of 2021, a paternity leave of ten days to be taken within six months after the birth of a child will be introduced.
- The Swiss citizens supported the introduction of this measure by 60.3%.
Newsletter May, 2020
- The Court determined that the employer must bear some costs linked to telework for employees working from home upon request of their employer
- The employers obligations in case of telework depend on the context
- Self-employed workers affected by the crisis entitled to an allowance.