Newsletter December, 2020 Newsletter October, 2020
- The Helsinki Labour Court settled the case between a company and the union in the electricity sector, for violation of the collective agreement in force and the duty of peace.
Newsletter July, 2020
- The amendment to the Posting of Workers Directive had to be transposed into national law in July 2020.
- Sweden has already complied with this obligation after undergoing a process of dialogue with the social partners.
- The outcome regulation is not fully satisfactory as there is still a lack of clarity on a major part of the amendment concerning wages, which is likely to impact companies.
- The new legislation defines legal strike as opposed to illegal strike, and sets the conditions for legality.
- It also distinguishes between essential services and services of transcendental importance and many other important specificities.