Newsletter July, 2020 Newsletter July, 2020
- Employers’ representatives presented 10 key messages articulating the private sector needs and perspectives for a fast, sustainable and inclusive recovery.
- Private sector led economic growth, a conducive environment for businesses development and resilience; tackling informality with innovative approaches; investment in skills and the role of the private sector within the multilateral system were highlighted as particularly relevant.
- Workers’ representatives expressed their 4 priorities, mainly focusing on extended health and safety and social protection.
- Governments stressed on the value of the Centenary Declaration as the framework for the recovery.
Newsletter May, 2020
- Detailed information is available online on economic sustainability and income support measures.
- Employees can donate their hours of work to a “holiday bank” to distribute among other employees.
- Italian social partners agreed on a shared protocol for occupation health and safety.
- The protocol provides general health and safety guidance to companies and workers to work safely and combat the spread of Covid-19.
- European social partners present their common goals to the European Union Institutions.
- Social partners indicated the measures to be taken during the emergency, exit and recovery phases of the crisis.