Newsletter December, 2020
- On 26 November 2020, French social partners concluded a national interprofessional agreement on telework, that provides a framework clarifying the rules and modalities of remote working.
- The text encourages social dialogue at the company and sectoral levels.
Newsletter November, 2020
- The text contains important updates and simplification measures compared to the previous collective agreement, on categories, qualifications, organisation of work, and salaries.
- Work councils and committees for prevention of psychosocial risks and protection of work are in the process of being elected in Belgium.
- The elections concern more than 6,000 companies.
- The initial phase of the pandemic saw a widespread use of social dialogue processes.
- In the great majority of countries, social dialogue processes achieved “specific and visible process outcomes”.
- Most outcomes related to support enterprises, jobs and incomes, and occupational safety and health at the workplace.
Newsletter September, 2020
- This short paper provides interesting examples on how social partners have been able to include the informal sector during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond.
Newsletter July, 2020
- In August 2020, Indonesian social partners from the garment and footwear industries signed a joint commitment “to protect health, business sustainability and welfare of workers in these sectors”.
- Vouchers can be used for training on the job, or on-boarding at a client or at a regular employer.
- So far 595 agency workers used the voucher to upscale their workers and fill vacancies of sectors in higher need.