Newsletter September, 2020
- The new trade agreement between Canada, Mexico and the USA could limit Mexican companies to export to the US or Canada because of labour disputes.
- The Employer’s federation CCE, provided tools for Mexican business to prevent this from happening.
Newsletter August, 2020
- A Supreme Court decision pushes employers and trade unions to negotiate on the payment of wages during the lockdown
Newsletter July, 2020
- The joint statement focused on topics such as freedom of association and collective bargaining, social dialogue, occupational health and safety, social responsible practices and the stability of payments.
- New Zealand corporate and commercial property laws were temporarily reformed to increase the prospect of business surviving;
- Employment and industrial relations regulations were reformed to include electronic means of signing collective agreements.
Newsletter May, 2020
- ACCI actions on employment and businesses recovery;
- Certain challenges with regards to productivity and collective agreements remain.
- ACCI changes at the organisational level
- Employees can donate their hours of work to a “holiday bank” to distribute among other employees.
- A new collective agreement sought to mitigate the impact from Covid-19 outbreak for businesses and workers in the metal and electrical industry until the end of 2020.
- Key elements of the agreement were the suspension of wage increases and the facilitation of short-term working schemes.
- Italian social partners agreed on a shared protocol for occupation health and safety.
- The protocol provides general health and safety guidance to companies and workers to work safely and combat the spread of Covid-19.