Newsletter January, 2021 Newsletter July, 2020
- The US Federal minimum wage of USD $7.25 per hour (less for tipped employees) was last updated in 2009
- 20 US states will progressively increase their minimum wage rates as of January 2021, in certain states up to USD $15-an-hour
- Mastercard commits USD 250 million for financial, technology, product and insight assets support in US and other countries.
- Additional USD 33 million will be given to reboot Indian SMEs, especially on business digitalisation and access to finance.
Newsletter May, 2020
- If this regulation is adopted, employers’ liability would be limited to acts of gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
- The law would have retroactive effect from 2019 and be in force until 2024.
- Two key industries help placement of workers during the Covid-19 pandemic
- US Government approved the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) (Public Law 116-127) to support workers and their families