Newsletter August, 2020
- A Committee, composed of governmental members and representatives of the business sectors, met nine times to monitor the economic situation and present concrete solutions.
Newsletter July, 2020
- 4,021 companies replied to NECA’s survey on the direct and indirect impact of the pandemic on their operation;
- A series of request was compiled and was presented to the Government.
- Detailed information is available online on economic sustainability and income support measures.
Newsletter May, 2020
- Well-developed social dialogue and partnership in Austria achieved significant outcomes during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Starting in March 2020, the existing short-time working scheme has been adapted and extended to the needs of employers and workers in the Covid-19 crisis.
- BEF published a study on possible scenarios, impact of COVID-19 and the consequences on the Bangladeshi labour market and economy.
- BEF also produced an “Aide-Mémoire” to serve as a checklist for employers, managers, supervisors and workers when the factories reopen post COVID-19.
- On the basis of the study and the consequences on the Bangladeshi labour market and economy, BEF advocated for realistic assessment in support of enterprises and business to allow them to create jobs.