Newsletter September, 2020
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, addressed the business community during the IOE Centenary Summit.
- The meeting focused on the role of social partners within the multilateral system, the importance of social dialogue and the private sector led economic growth recovery from the pandemic
- On 2 September 2020, IOE members formally adopted the IOE Centenary Manifesto.
- The document details IOE core values inspired by its establishment a centenary ago and will continue to guide its work in the next centenary.
- It elaborates on how governments and businesses can work together to meet emerging and future transformations in the world of work.
Newsletter August, 2020
- The OECD Employment Protection Legislation is a publication to be commended.
- Chapter 3 elaborates on how job protection matters for labour market and economic outcomes with a recently updated methodology and indicators.
- One key outcome: open-ended contracts have loosened, while fixed term contracts have been evenly loosened and restricted across OECD member countries.
- Chapter 3 outcomes are key for employers’ organisations and companies when advocating for policies in support of innovation, agility of the labour market, and productivity.
- The joint statement focused on topics such as freedom of association and collective bargaining, social dialogue, occupational health and safety, social responsible practices and the stability of payments.
Newsletter July, 2020
- IOE members will virtually gather on 2 September 2020
- The meeting will focus on business input to a reset of multilateral relations
- the possibility to choose where to work has a positive impact on motivation and productivity
- the organisation of work has also improved
- The company participates in the digitalisation of SMEs and provide some advanced payment to its small and medium size suppliers
- Mastercard commits USD 250 million for financial, technology, product and insight assets support in US and other countries.
- Additional USD 33 million will be given to reboot Indian SMEs, especially on business digitalisation and access to finance.