Newsletter April, 2021
- WEC published a report on partnerships between public and private employment services
- The report shows that much collaboration is present in countries with a mature and professional private employment industry
- The key opportunities identified to level up these partnerships are increased functioning of labour markets and increased access to talent for employers
- The urgency of these collaborations is underscored by the increased need to support people in making more labour market transition over the course of their lives.
- The publication looked into questions such as “What is the risk of not addressing skills mismatches?”, “How to prepare a corporate skills strategy?”
- The 16 case studies are key to understand the business case for upskilling
Newsletter March, 2021
- At the end of the GFMD 2021 Summit, the winner of the IOE-Seedstars Migration challenge was proclaimed: it is the tech start-up DignifAI, providing concrete support to the employment of migrant population in the Colombian-Venezuelan and Brazilian-Venezuelan borders.
- A new migration challenge for 2022 was just launched
- The Federation of Egyptian Industries (FEI) periodically updates the state of play of national reforms and the related business’ recommendations
- The plan considers topics such as labour law, social security law, trade union law, SMEs easiness of doing business, among others
- FEI advocacy plan has been successful in a series of reforms, especially on trade and investments
Newsletter February, 2021
- The GFMD 2021 Summit dealt with the topic of “The future of human mobility: innovative partnerships for sustainable development”
- The representative of employers, the Business Advisory Group on Migration, presented a series of six recommendations, including enhanced public-private cooperation, improved legal pathways for employment and better leveraging of technology
- The Federation of Egyptian Industries (FEI) launched new services for improving digital skills of SMEs
- It also started offering support to companies willing to participate in the rehabilitation of Egyptian villages
- The taskforce was launched at the end of 2019 to explore the potential of blockchain solutions to the private employment services industry.
- At the end of 2020 it joined the Velocity Network Foundation, a consortium that seeks to use blockchain technology to build an ‘Internet of Careers™’.
- The largest free-trade area in the world was launched on January 2021 after only 5 years from the beginning of negotiations
- The agreement is expected to favour investments, decrease poverty and increase jobs