Newsletter July, 2020
- An International Working Group met regularly to implement the Call
- 8 Priority countries were identified
- A first contact was taken with financial Institutions and donors
- ILO Constituents will virtually meet to discuss the challenges and responses of countries still in the midst of the pandemic, as well as those that have started the recovery phase.
Newsletter May, 2020
- Promote enterprise sustainability and competitiveness are key as well as decent job creation and protection and economic recovery
- The Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) finalised a partnership with the State of Queensland (Australia) to connect professional recruitment and staffing agencies with job seekers during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Jobs Finder Programme rewards employment agencies that manage to place job seekers into high priority areas.
- South African social partners gathered with the government and civil society to present proposals during the crisis.
- A temporary Employer/Employee Relief Scheme was developed.
- South African social dialogue institution National Economic Development Council (NEDLAC) was called to provide proposals and solutions on the means to mitigate unemployment and assist employees suspended from work.