Newsletter April, 2021
- The publication looked into questions such as “What is the risk of not addressing skills mismatches?”, “How to prepare a corporate skills strategy?”
- The 16 case studies are key to understand the business case for upskilling
Newsletter February, 2021
- Following an OECD report from January 2021, private employment agencies’ managers and employment experts recall the importance of career guidance.
- Career guidance must gain visibility but also be improved through subsidies and more effective services.
- The Federation of Egyptian Industries (FEI) launched new services for improving digital skills of SMEs
- It also started offering support to companies willing to participate in the rehabilitation of Egyptian villages
Newsletter December, 2020
- IOE responds to the recently published ILO World Employment and Social Outlook Report by underlying that digital platforms are important contributors to fostering innovation, reducing unemployment and alleviating poverty.
- This and other topics will be the subject of a Discussion Forum on 11 March 2021
- Focus on the role of private employment services and the private sector facing the trends of the “future of work”.
- Proposals to ensure that the social impact of these trends meets innovation.
Newsletter November, 2020
- On 26 November 2020, French social partners concluded a national interprofessional agreement on telework, that provides a framework clarifying the rules and modalities of remote working.
- The text encourages social dialogue at the company and sectoral levels.
- Covid-19 in Honduras was characterized by high levels of collaboration within the employers’ community.
- COHEP members together advocated for the reopening of businesses and successfully presented possible practical solutions, including safety protocols, gradual reopening, shifts, etc.
- The Adecco Group released the paper “Employability, not only employment. VET, apprenticeships and the urgent need to bridge the skills gap in a post-Covid world”
- Vocational education training (VET) and apprenticeships are the suggested tools to close this gap.
- Once the obstacles for their best use are defined, a coordinated approach is suggested.