Newsletter January, 2021
- Business Botswana provides concrete suggestions for “building back better” through a Guide on Recovery Plan for the Private Sector
Newsletter November, 2020
- The tripartite dialogue concluded with 23 consensual agreements on various matters
- It triggered the discussion and finalisation of the implementing regulation on telework
- On telework, the Code establishes the rights and obligation of employers and employees.
- The amendments defined the criteria of representativeness to sit in the Economic and Social Council of the Slovak Republic.
- The possibility to renew fixed-term contracts has been extended to three years.
- Two tripartite Committees designed measures to sustain enterprises, employment and economic resilience.
- Ghana’s Employers’ Association was at the forefront of these negotiations and successfully presented multiple proposals to support business and as a result employees.
- The initial phase of the pandemic saw a widespread use of social dialogue processes.
- In the great majority of countries, social dialogue processes achieved “specific and visible process outcomes”.
- Most outcomes related to support enterprises, jobs and incomes, and occupational safety and health at the workplace.
Newsletter October, 2020
- This short paper provides interesting examples on how social partners have been able to include the informal sector during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond.
Newsletter September, 2020
- The Committee was established on the top of the existing social dialogue institutions with the objective to deal with issues specific to Covid-19 crisis.
- One of the topics for reflection is a new legislation on remote working.
- The regulatory change abolishes the Kafala system and introduced a minimum wage that covers all workers including migrants
- These reforms are in line with the Qatar National Vision 2030, a governmental programme aimed at modernising the country’s labour market.