Newsletter April, 2021 Newsletter February, 2021
- On 6 April 2021 Italian social partners and the government signed an agreement on a company vaccination plan.
- It is the first tripartite agreement of this type.
Newsletter January, 2021
- The Singaporean government and social partners work together to build an ecosystem of support for mental wellness.
- The recommendations are built around three pillars: individual, team and organisational level.
- Business Botswana provides concrete suggestions for “building back better” through a Guide on Recovery Plan for the Private Sector
Newsletter November, 2020
- The tripartite dialogue concluded with 23 consensual agreements on various matters
- It triggered the discussion and finalisation of the implementing regulation on telework
- On telework, the Code establishes the rights and obligation of employers and employees.
- The amendments defined the criteria of representativeness to sit in the Economic and Social Council of the Slovak Republic.
- The possibility to renew fixed-term contracts has been extended to three years.
- Two tripartite Committees designed measures to sustain enterprises, employment and economic resilience.
- Ghana’s Employers’ Association was at the forefront of these negotiations and successfully presented multiple proposals to support business and as a result employees.
- The initial phase of the pandemic saw a widespread use of social dialogue processes.
- In the great majority of countries, social dialogue processes achieved “specific and visible process outcomes”.
- Most outcomes related to support enterprises, jobs and incomes, and occupational safety and health at the workplace.
- This short paper provides interesting examples on how social partners have been able to include the informal sector during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond.