Newsletter September, 2020
- The Government of Senegal adopted specific measures concerning individual dismissals during the pandemic
- The most representative employers' organisaiton, CNP, played a key role in the management of the crisis
- CNP is presenting key proposal for the economic recovery
- A draft legislation is under discussion to support investments in training during the operation of the short time work scheme.
Newsletter August, 2020
- Croatia introduced a shortened workweek to support companies in their recovery phase
- Social dialogue was at the foundation of this initiative
- Business with over 10 employees significantly impacted by the Covid-19 crisis can receive financial support to compensate labour costs
- The Algerian government established a national commission to discuss the Covid-19 impact
- The dialogue is considered as a pre-condition to Covid-19 recovery
- Employers put forward several proposals for recovery
Newsletter July, 2020
- A Committee, composed of governmental members and representatives of the business sectors, met nine times to monitor the economic situation and present concrete solutions.
- Social partners requested the government to extend the short-term working allowance scheme until the end of 2020.
- They also suggested that businesses paying the wage differences between short-term and normal wages should be provided more incentives and exemption of income tax
- If this regulation is adopted, employers’ liability would be limited to acts of gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
- The law would have retroactive effect from 2019 and be in force until 2024.
- The OECD Employment Outlook 2020 focuses on Worker security and Covid-19 crisis.
- Chapter 1 provides valuable insights and data on the impact of Covid-19 on the labour market and the policy responses in OECD countries.
- The following chapters furnish information on the access to unemployment benefits, a comparative review of employment protection legislation (EPL) across OECD countries, the situation of middle-skilled workers, and the consequences of the pandemic on vocational education and training graduates.