Newsletter April, 2021 Newsletter March, 2021
- The European Commission started consulting social partners with a view to possibly undertake action “to address the challenges related to working conditions in the platform work”.
- The World Employment Confederation-Europe and BUSINESSEUROPE submitted their views and asked the EU Commission to refrain from using a one-size-fits all approach to regulation of platform work at the EU level.
Newsletter July, 2020
- The classification of platform workers is unclear in the Netherlands, despite recent Court decisions and a report from the Labour Inspectorate
- Recently, an advisory bipartite Committee highlighted the “need for a political and policy response in the short term to this discussion”
- The European Court of Justice issued an Order confirming its jurisprudence on the exclusion of genuine self-employed from the application of certain European regulations