International Labour Standards
Newsletter April, 2021 Newsletter September, 2020
- The International Organisation of Employers (IOE) has contributed a publication for an international comparative guide.
- The chapter provides an overview of the development of International Labour Standards (ILS), including the processes of standard-setting, ratification, and supervisory procedures at the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
Newsletter July, 2020
- The new trade agreement between Canada, Mexico and the USA could limit Mexican companies to export to the US or Canada because of labour disputes.
- The Employer’s federation CCE, provided tools for Mexican business to prevent this from happening.
Newsletter May, 2020
- Employers’ representatives presented 10 key messages articulating the private sector needs and perspectives for a fast, sustainable and inclusive recovery.
- Private sector led economic growth, a conducive environment for businesses development and resilience; tackling informality with innovative approaches; investment in skills and the role of the private sector within the multilateral system were highlighted as particularly relevant.
- Workers’ representatives expressed their 4 priorities, mainly focusing on extended health and safety and social protection.
- Governments stressed on the value of the Centenary Declaration as the framework for the recovery.
- Employers, workers and major brands joined a call for action to support the garment industry.
- An international working group was established in the upcoming weeks.