Newsletter December, 2020 Newsletter August, 2020
- The resolution urges ILO Member States to engage in collaborative actions to identify obstacles to crew changes, and establish time-bound plans to solve this situation
- In order to facilitate the movement of workers, the resolution suggests to designate seafarers as “key workers”.
- Covid-19 crisis stranded seafarers and deteriorated safety in the maritime sector.
- The joint statement acknowledged the need to change crew despite the travel restrictions and indicated ways to overcome this problem.
- To date the situation has not improved.