Newsletter October, 2020
- The amendment to the Posting of Workers Directive had to be transposed into national law in July 2020.
- Sweden has already complied with this obligation after undergoing a process of dialogue with the social partners.
- The outcome regulation is not fully satisfactory as there is still a lack of clarity on a major part of the amendment concerning wages, which is likely to impact companies.
- The study showed how the weakness of social partners and lack of representativeness can hinder effective social dialogue;
- Legislative reforms and a supportive role of the state are key to improve social dialogue processes.
- Employers stressed on the need to ensure autonomy of the social partners and sufficient room for manoeuvre.
Newsletter September, 2020
- GDPR covers all data protection, including employment data and customer data.
- Companies should carefully control the respect for the Regulation to avoid heavy penalties.
Newsletter August, 2020
- European regulation on the 25% limit of telework in the country of residence for cross-border workers was suspended by agreements among neighbouring European countries
Newsletter July, 2020
- In July 2020, a significant decision on data transfer concerning the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was made by the Court of Justice of the European Union
- This decision could potentially block the transfer of data between a country of the European Union and a third country, including the US
Newsletter July, 2020
- European social partners demonstrated how to provide practical solutions to deal with the challenges related to the digital transformation in the world of work and to optimise the benefits for enterprises and workers.
- They presented a dynamic circular process as well as solutions for different issues linked to digitalisation.
Newsletter May, 2020
- The European Court of Justice issued an Order confirming its jurisprudence on the exclusion of genuine self-employed from the application of certain European regulations
- European social partners present their common goals to the European Union Institutions.
- Social partners indicated the measures to be taken during the emergency, exit and recovery phases of the crisis.