Newsletter January, 2021 Newsletter November, 2020
- On 1st December 2020, Italy took over the G20 Presidency
- This highly challenging period will require a lot of efforts from all G20 members to deliver an inclusive and resilient recovery
- The IOE, together with 13 international business and labour organisations, have signed a joint letter to G20 governments calling to ensure that “building back better” is not just a mantra but materialises into concrete positive outcomes
Newsletter September, 2020
- This short paper provides interesting examples on how social partners have been able to include the informal sector during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond.
Newsletter August, 2020
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, addressed the business community during the IOE Centenary Summit.
- The meeting focused on the role of social partners within the multilateral system, the importance of social dialogue and the private sector led economic growth recovery from the pandemic
Newsletter July, 2020
- The World Employment Confederation (WEC) released its annual Social Impact Report on 6 August 2020.
- Different important social protection coverage according to the form of work are reported.
- Employers’ representatives presented 10 key messages articulating the private sector needs and perspectives for a fast, sustainable and inclusive recovery.
- Private sector led economic growth, a conducive environment for businesses development and resilience; tackling informality with innovative approaches; investment in skills and the role of the private sector within the multilateral system were highlighted as particularly relevant.
- Workers’ representatives expressed their 4 priorities, mainly focusing on extended health and safety and social protection.
- Governments stressed on the value of the Centenary Declaration as the framework for the recovery.