Newsletter April, 2021
- WEC published a report on partnerships between public and private employment services
- The report shows that much collaboration is present in countries with a mature and professional private employment industry
- The key opportunities identified to level up these partnerships are increased functioning of labour markets and increased access to talent for employers
- The urgency of these collaborations is underscored by the increased need to support people in making more labour market transition over the course of their lives.
Newsletter February, 2021
- The International Organisation of Employers (IOE) has contributed a publication for an international comparative guide.
- The chapter provides an overview of the development of International Labour Standards (ILS), including the processes of standard-setting, ratification, and supervisory procedures at the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
- The largest free-trade area in the world was launched on January 2021 after only 5 years from the beginning of negotiations
- The agreement is expected to favour investments, decrease poverty and increase jobs
- Based on four drivers (informality, private sector growth, creating opportunities and digital transformation), the report puts forward a series of policy recommendations for sustained job recovery
Newsletter January, 2021
- IOE responds to the recently published ILO World Employment and Social Outlook Report by underlying that digital platforms are important contributors to fostering innovation, reducing unemployment and alleviating poverty.
- This and other topics will be the subject of a Discussion Forum on 11 March 2021
Newsletter November, 2020
- On 1st December 2020, Italy took over the G20 Presidency
- This highly challenging period will require a lot of efforts from all G20 members to deliver an inclusive and resilient recovery
- The IOE, together with 13 international business and labour organisations, have signed a joint letter to G20 governments calling to ensure that “building back better” is not just a mantra but materialises into concrete positive outcomes
Newsletter September, 2020
- This short paper provides interesting examples on how social partners have been able to include the informal sector during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond.
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, addressed the business community during the IOE Centenary Summit.
- The meeting focused on the role of social partners within the multilateral system, the importance of social dialogue and the private sector led economic growth recovery from the pandemic