Newsletter October, 2020
- The Committee was established on the top of the existing social dialogue institutions with the objective to deal with issues specific to Covid-19 crisis.
- One of the topics for reflection is a new legislation on remote working.
- G20 Ministries of Labour and Employment provided unconditional support to prioritising decent jobs for all and a robust and adaptive social protection system.
- The B20 released its recommendations on the Future of Work and Education.
- Measures of economic support for the most vulnerable have been adopted by certain countries;
- The UNDP report is providing the cost of this measure, with three possible scenarios according to the financial possibility of the country
Newsletter September, 2020
- FOPAO focused on support companies, diversification, employment support, health and safety of workers beyond Covid-19.
- The Italian government extended the ability for employers to use fixed-term contracts.
- The change increased the ability to renew fixed-term contracts and increased the maximum duration of working on a fixed term contract.
- The changes applies to fixed-term contracts concluded by employers and employment agencies alike.
Newsletter August, 2020
- Croatia introduced a shortened workweek to support companies in their recovery phase
- Social dialogue was at the foundation of this initiative
- Business with over 10 employees significantly impacted by the Covid-19 crisis can receive financial support to compensate labour costs
- The Algerian government established a national commission to discuss the Covid-19 impact
- The dialogue is considered as a pre-condition to Covid-19 recovery
- Employers put forward several proposals for recovery
- 4,021 companies replied to NECA’s survey on the direct and indirect impact of the pandemic on their operation;
- A series of request was compiled and was presented to the Government.