Newsletter January, 2021
- Business Botswana provides concrete suggestions for “building back better” through a Guide on Recovery Plan for the Private Sector
Newsletter December, 2020
- The grant secured by the Israelian Government to all its resident citizens was able to stimulate the domestic economy
- Despite its lack of precise target, some redistribution was ensured by the recipients themselves
- Focus on the role of private employment services and the private sector facing the trends of the “future of work”.
- Proposals to ensure that the social impact of these trends meets innovation.
- The private employment service sector signs an agreement with the trade unions that clarifies the “neutrality” of this extension vis-à-vis the maximum number of extensions.
Newsletter November, 2020
- The International Labour Organization – Bureau for Employers’ Activities (ILO-ACT/EMP) has recently published the outcome of a global survey conducted in cooperation with Employer and Business Membership Organizations (EBMOs).
- The report allows a better understanding about the impact of the Covid-19 crisis on enterprise activities.
- Covid-19 in Honduras was characterized by high levels of collaboration within the employers’ community.
- COHEP members together advocated for the reopening of businesses and successfully presented possible practical solutions, including safety protocols, gradual reopening, shifts, etc.
Newsletter October, 2020
- Two tripartite Committees designed measures to sustain enterprises, employment and economic resilience.
- Ghana’s Employers’ Association was at the forefront of these negotiations and successfully presented multiple proposals to support business and as a result employees.
- The Covid-19 Response Fund is backed by a coalition of African companies.
- Its objective is to procure medical supplies as well as support to vulnerable population and health workers.