Newsletter July, 2020
- The new legislation defines legal strike as opposed to illegal strike, and sets the conditions for legality.
- It also distinguishes between essential services and services of transcendental importance and many other important specificities.
Newsletter May, 2020
- Belgian legislation established recognition of Covid-19 as an occupational disease in various sectors, but for a limited period of time;
- After consultation, social partners agreed to this new legislation
- Two key industries help placement of workers during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Specific laws were enacted in France, New Zealand, Ontario (Canada) and South Africa containing a list of essential services that could continue operating during the pandemic.
- Employment services were considered essential in France, New Zealand and Ontario.
- Employers’ organisations were included in the list in New Zealand.
- WEC-Europe and Uni-Europe published joint recommendations for the temporary agency work industry to mitigate the impact of the crisis and prepare for the recovery.
- This joint effort is addressed to employment agencies and their user undertakings, as well as governments and policymakers.