Newsletter January, 2021
- Business Botswana provides concrete suggestions for “building back better” through a Guide on Recovery Plan for the Private Sector
Newsletter November, 2020
- The US Federal minimum wage of USD $7.25 per hour (less for tipped employees) was last updated in 2009
- 20 US states will progressively increase their minimum wage rates as of January 2021, in certain states up to USD $15-an-hour
Newsletter October, 2020
- The article “a position paper on remote work local country regulation” provides a very clear and straightforward analysis of what must be taken into account when revising or drafting a legislation or regulation on remote work.
- A national campaign was launched to present the positive outcome the private employment service can play to lead the economic recovery in Australia;
- Private employment agency industry has found the right job for 360,000 Australians, including 100,000 jobs during the Covid-19 crisis.
Newsletter September, 2020
- A new “corridor” is established with the National Social Security institution to better support CGEM members on specific problems related to social security
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, addressed the business community during the IOE Centenary Summit.
- The meeting focused on the role of social partners within the multilateral system, the importance of social dialogue and the private sector led economic growth recovery from the pandemic
- Small employment improves economic security and mental wellbeing;
- apart from financial contributions, active labour market policies are needed.
- The new trade agreement between Canada, Mexico and the USA could limit Mexican companies to export to the US or Canada because of labour disputes.
- The Employer’s federation CCE, provided tools for Mexican business to prevent this from happening.