Newsletter April, 2021
- The publication looked into questions such as “What is the risk of not addressing skills mismatches?”, “How to prepare a corporate skills strategy?”
- The 16 case studies are key to understand the business case for upskilling
- Recent research shows how post pandemic organisation of work may respond to employees preferred working arrangements and how this affects productivity
- The hybrid model of both remote and office work emerged as the desired work arrangement
- Only certain occupations and tasks are able to be conducted in this way. Important differences among countries are showcased.
- The strategy aims at having a sustainable working life, together with safety at work and respect for laws.
- It echoes the European Pillar of Social Rights and the EU strategic framework on health and safety at work.
Newsletter March, 2021
- Following an OECD report from January 2021, private employment agencies’ managers and employment experts recall the importance of career guidance.
- Career guidance must gain visibility but also be improved through subsidies and more effective services.
Newsletter February, 2021
- Mandatory vaccination policies continue to be a heavily debated topic amongst Canadian employers
- The Costa Rican Union of Chambers and Associations of the Private Business Sector (UCCAEP) promotes the economic recovery
- UCCAEP advocates for the approval of the loan from the IMF, to be accompanied by measures that allow for economic recovery, support for the private sector, job creation and a reduction of informality levels
- On 15 January 2021, the Irish Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment published its National Remote Work Strategy, called ‘Making Remote Work’.
- The strategy aims at ensuring that “remote working is a permanent feature in the Irish workplace in a way that maximises economic, social and environmental benefits”.
- Based on four drivers (informality, private sector growth, creating opportunities and digital transformation), the report puts forward a series of policy recommendations for sustained job recovery