Newsletter November, 2020
- Work councils and committees for prevention of psychosocial risks and protection of work are in the process of being elected in Belgium.
- The elections concern more than 6,000 companies.
Newsletter September, 2020
- Two tripartite Committees designed measures to sustain enterprises, employment and economic resilience.
- Ghana’s Employers’ Association was at the forefront of these negotiations and successfully presented multiple proposals to support business and as a result employees.
Newsletter July, 2020
- On 2 September 2020, IOE members formally adopted the IOE Centenary Manifesto.
- The document details IOE core values inspired by its establishment a centenary ago and will continue to guide its work in the next centenary.
- It elaborates on how governments and businesses can work together to meet emerging and future transformations in the world of work.
Newsletter May, 2020
- Private sector played a key role during the Covid-19 crisis: WHO published further proposals of action.
- IOE became part of the WHO’s “Private Sector Outreach Coordination Group for the Covid-19 pandemic response”.
- The Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) finalised a partnership with the State of Queensland (Australia) to connect professional recruitment and staffing agencies with job seekers during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Jobs Finder Programme rewards employment agencies that manage to place job seekers into high priority areas.
- South African social partners gathered with the government and civil society to present proposals during the crisis.
- A temporary Employer/Employee Relief Scheme was developed.
- South African social dialogue institution National Economic Development Council (NEDLAC) was called to provide proposals and solutions on the means to mitigate unemployment and assist employees suspended from work.
- IOE and ITUC joint statement urges international organisations to react quickly with enhanced cooperation and coordination.