Newsletter April, 2021 Newsletter March, 2021
- Social partners recently confirmed the joint recommendations signed in December 2019 on collective dismissals and agreed to assess their content again within three years
- The Government communicated its desire to evaluate an improvement of the entire system, thus overriding the social dialogue outcome.
- The database on up-to-2020 collective bargaining processes for wage-setting and minimum wages on 56 OECD/non- OECD countries was released
- The database provides comparable data on trade union and employers’ organisations density as well as on the role played by these actors in each collective bargaining system
Newsletter February, 2021
- In February 2021, the European Labour Authority (ELA) announced to be fully operational to conduct concerted and joint labour inspections
- A set of simplified standard procedures for national authorities and social partners on how to initiate and follow-up cross-border inspections was issued
Newsletter December, 2020
- The International Labour Organisation, Bureau for Employers’ Activities (ACT/EMP) recently released a publication on the role played by the employers and business membership organizations (EBMOs) in the Covid-19 pandemic where EBMOs have demonstrated agility, resilience and the ability to innovate.
- It also focuses on the way ahead and the services EBMOs will have to reinforce and ideas for concrete actions.
- The Helsinki Labour Court settled the case between a company and the union in the electricity sector, for violation of the collective agreement in force and the duty of peace.
- On 26 November 2020, French social partners concluded a national interprofessional agreement on telework, that provides a framework clarifying the rules and modalities of remote working.
- The text encourages social dialogue at the company and sectoral levels.
- The text contains important updates and simplification measures compared to the previous collective agreement, on categories, qualifications, organisation of work, and salaries.
- The Centennial of the IOE was celebrated through several virtual centenary-related events, culminated with the General Council of the 24 November 2020.
- Throughout the discussion participants reflected on the past, present and future of IOE.