Newsletter September, 2020
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, addressed the business community during the IOE Centenary Summit.
- The meeting focused on the role of social partners within the multilateral system, the importance of social dialogue and the private sector led economic growth recovery from the pandemic
- A Supreme Court decision pushes employers and trade unions to negotiate on the payment of wages during the lockdown
- In August 2020, Indonesian social partners from the garment and footwear industries signed a joint commitment “to protect health, business sustainability and welfare of workers in these sectors”.
Newsletter August, 2020
- On 2 September 2020, IOE members formally adopted the IOE Centenary Manifesto.
- The document details IOE core values inspired by its establishment a centenary ago and will continue to guide its work in the next centenary.
- It elaborates on how governments and businesses can work together to meet emerging and future transformations in the world of work.
- The joint statement focused on topics such as freedom of association and collective bargaining, social dialogue, occupational health and safety, social responsible practices and the stability of payments.
- IOE members will virtually gather on 2 September 2020
- The meeting will focus on business input to a reset of multilateral relations
Newsletter July, 2020
- Eurofound recently published a policy brief on “How does employees’ involvement in decision-making benefit organisations?”.
- The higher is the employees’ involvement the best companies are benefited.
- An International Working Group met regularly to implement the Call
- 8 Priority countries were identified
- A first contact was taken with financial Institutions and donors