short time work scheme
Newsletter September, 2020 Newsletter July, 2020
- A draft legislation is under discussion to support investments in training during the operation of the short time work scheme.
Newsletter July, 2020
- Social partners requested the government to extend the short-term working allowance scheme until the end of 2020.
- They also suggested that businesses paying the wage differences between short-term and normal wages should be provided more incentives and exemption of income tax
Newsletter May, 2020
- Detailed information is available online on economic sustainability and income support measures.
- Employees can donate their hours of work to a “holiday bank” to distribute among other employees.
- A new collective agreement sought to mitigate the impact from Covid-19 outbreak for businesses and workers in the metal and electrical industry until the end of 2020.
- Key elements of the agreement were the suspension of wage increases and the facilitation of short-term working schemes.
- WEC-Europe and Uni-Europe published joint recommendations for the temporary agency work industry to mitigate the impact of the crisis and prepare for the recovery.
- This joint effort is addressed to employment agencies and their user undertakings, as well as governments and policymakers.