Newsletter September, 2020 Newsletter August, 2020
- The OECD Employment Protection Legislation is a publication to be commended.
- Chapter 3 elaborates on how job protection matters for labour market and economic outcomes with a recently updated methodology and indicators.
- One key outcome: open-ended contracts have loosened, while fixed term contracts have been evenly loosened and restricted across OECD member countries.
- Chapter 3 outcomes are key for employers’ organisations and companies when advocating for policies in support of innovation, agility of the labour market, and productivity.
Newsletter July, 2020
- The World Employment Confederation (WEC) released its annual Social Impact Report on 6 August 2020.
- Different important social protection coverage according to the form of work are reported.
- WEC presented its three areas of priorities to recovery, namely developing the conditions for going back to work, facilitating activation and transition of agency workers, and allowing the access to social protection.