Newsletter January, 2021 Newsletter December, 2020
- Business Botswana provides concrete suggestions for “building back better” through a Guide on Recovery Plan for the Private Sector
Newsletter September, 2020
- Covid-19 pushed Singaporeans to play a role during the peak of the pandemic, from showing their appreciation for workers on the frontline to volunteering in support of the vulnerable persons of the society.
- Singapore United was launched by the Singaporean Government to allow everyone to give their support in a coordinate manner.
Newsletter July, 2020
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, addressed the business community during the IOE Centenary Summit.
- The meeting focused on the role of social partners within the multilateral system, the importance of social dialogue and the private sector led economic growth recovery from the pandemic
Newsletter May, 2020
- Mastercard commits USD 250 million for financial, technology, product and insight assets support in US and other countries.
- Additional USD 33 million will be given to reboot Indian SMEs, especially on business digitalisation and access to finance.
- BEF published a study on possible scenarios, impact of COVID-19 and the consequences on the Bangladeshi labour market and economy.
- BEF also produced an “Aide-Mémoire” to serve as a checklist for employers, managers, supervisors and workers when the factories reopen post COVID-19.
- On the basis of the study and the consequences on the Bangladeshi labour market and economy, BEF advocated for realistic assessment in support of enterprises and business to allow them to create jobs.