Newsletter March, 2021 Newsletter February, 2021
- The long-standing case of Uber and others v. Aslam and others (2016) was finally settled by the UK Supreme Court that confirmed the views of the lower Courts stating Uber’s drivers status of “workers” within the UK legal system
- The Supreme Court also determined what must be considered as working time for a Uber driver
Newsletter January, 2021
- The free movement of persons between countries of the European Union and the UK ended on 31 December 2020. Complex rules and visa permit requirements apply.
- The automatic mutual recognition of professional qualifications is no longer a reality.
Newsletter July, 2020
- The European Union and the UK were able to conclude a trade and cooperation agreement to regulate their future relationship
- This agreement will have important repercussions on employment law. It has also consequences on the social security regimes and bilateral agreements
- The European Court of Justice issued an Order confirming its jurisprudence on the exclusion of genuine self-employed from the application of certain European regulations