Newsletter July, 2020 Newsletter July, 2020
- Employers’ representatives presented 10 key messages articulating the private sector needs and perspectives for a fast, sustainable and inclusive recovery.
- Private sector led economic growth, a conducive environment for businesses development and resilience; tackling informality with innovative approaches; investment in skills and the role of the private sector within the multilateral system were highlighted as particularly relevant.
- Workers’ representatives expressed their 4 priorities, mainly focusing on extended health and safety and social protection.
- Governments stressed on the value of the Centenary Declaration as the framework for the recovery.
- ILO Constituents will virtually meet to discuss the challenges and responses of countries still in the midst of the pandemic, as well as those that have started the recovery phase.
Newsletter May, 2020
- WEC presented its three areas of priorities to recovery, namely developing the conditions for going back to work, facilitating activation and transition of agency workers, and allowing the access to social protection.
- CEOs from three global HR services companies join forces in an Alliance to pool health and safety guidelines, processes and protocols across sectors and countries that help prepare for the “new normal” in the world of work.
- The initiative is a global call for companies, employers’ organisations, workers, trade unions and institutions and governments to join the Alliance.